Preparation Time: 30 minutes|
Number of Servings: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 4 artichokes (medium size), cooked
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 eggplant (small), peeled and diced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Halve artichokes lengthwise; remove center petals and fuzzy centers of artichokes.
- Remove outer leaves of artichokes; reserve. Trim out hearts and chop finely. Set
- Rehydrate tomatoes in boiling water for 3 minutes until softened.
- Drain and rinse; chop.
- Cook eggplant in simmering chicken broth for 10 minutes; drain well.
- In blender or food processor container place chopped tomatoes, drained eggplant,
onion, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Taste
- Stir in chopped artichoke hearts.
Alternate serving idea:
- arrange artichoke leaves on a serving platter;
- spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of the eggplant mixture onto wide end of artichoke leaves.
- Garnish with a fresh herb leaf, if desired.
- Arrange artichoke leaves on a platter, surrounding a bowl of the eggplant mixture.
- Use artichoke leaves to scoop up individual servings of the dip.
- Dip can be prepared up to 24 hours ahead and chilled until serving time.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 5 %
Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 1g
Sodium 470mg 20%
Total Carbohydrate 34g 11%
Vitamin & Minerals
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 45%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Other: 0 **
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange
System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5ADay for better health: CDC.gov