Asian Barbequed Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Now you can have delicious lettuce wraps at home with friends and be the talk of
the party. This is delightful casual party food and your guests will enjoy rolling
their own appetizers.
* 1 lb ground turkey
* 1⁄3 c hoisin sauce
* 1⁄2 c commercial barbeque
* 1 T fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
* 1 clv garlic, minced
c pine nuts, toasted
* 1⁄4 c diced scallions
* 2 T crystallized ginger, finely
* 10 large iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, dried and well chilled
1. Over medium heat, crumble turkey into a wok or a large skillet and saute, stirring
to break up any clumps. Cook until lightly browned.
2. Stir in hoisin and barbeque
sauces, ginger root and garlic. Cook until hot and well blended.
3. Mix in pine
nuts, scallions and crystallized ginger, tossing gently just long enough to heat
through and blend well.
4. To serve, spoon the hot turkey mixture into each lettuce
cup and roll tightly to enclose the turkey mixture.
Calories per Serving: 130
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Fat 9
* Carbohydrate 4
* Protein 4