Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person:
- 4 medium red potatoes (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 Tbsps tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lb medium peeled shrimp
- 3/4 lb cod or other lean white fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Arrange potatoes in a circle on a paper towel in bottom of microwave oven.
- Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes; rearrange potatoes and continue cooking for another
- Wrap potatoes in a towel, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel and cube potatoes; set aside.
- Combine onion and next 15 ingredients (onion through bay leaf) in a 3-quart casserole;
- Cover with casserole lid, and microwave at HIGH 5 minutes; stir and continue cooking
for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in potato, shrimp, and fish.
- Cover and microwave at high 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with
- Discard bay leaf.
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 35 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0g 3%
Cholesterol 30mg 33%
Sodium 444mg 20%
Total Carbohydrate 30g 11%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Sugars 6g Protein 22g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 80%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included. Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov