Bruschetta with Plums and Fresh Basil
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person:
- 1 sourdough baguette (24 inch)
- 4 oz fat-free cream cheese, whipped
- 6 cups sliced fresh California plums
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Slice baguette into 24 inch-thick pieces.
- Toast in a 350°F oven until golden brown.
- Spread each slice of bread with fat-free cream cheese.
- Slice plums into thin slices.
- Place several slices of plum on each piece of bruschetta.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaf.
Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 10 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 160mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 30%
Iron 4% .
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included. Source:
5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov