California Marinated Salad
California Marinated Salad recipe is a low fat, low calorie dish that offers great
flavor and complexity.|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 3 nectarines, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 (8oz) can artichoke hearts
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp tarragon, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- In a large bowl, combine nectarines, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives and green
- Drain and save liquid from the artichokes.
- Add the artichokes to the salad.
- Combine reserved liquid with remaining ingredients in a jar.
- Shake well and pour over the salad.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours for the best flavor.
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 3g 5%
Sodium 100mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 25%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov