Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person:
- 1/2 large ripe cantaloupe
- 3/4 finely diced cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 finely chopped cup cilantro
- 3 finely chopped scallions
- 1 Tbsp of lime juice
- Pinch of salt and hot pepper flakes
- Remove seeds and rind from cantaloupe. (You should have approximately ½ pound cantaloupe
- Chop cantaloupe into very small diced pieces.
- Put in diced cantaloupe into a bowl.
- Add diced red pepper, cilantro, scallions and lime juice. Stir.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper flakes. Chill.
- Serve with grilled chicken, fish or steaks.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 5 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 90mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 160%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included. Source: 5 A Day for Better Health:cdc.gov