Caribbean Red Snapper
The fish can be served on top of the vegetables along with rice pilaf and garnished
with parsley. Salmon or chicken breast can be used in place of red snapper.
Ingredients - serves 4:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut in strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 lb. red snapper fillet
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese or low-fat ricotta cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, carrot, and garlic; sauté 10 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Push vegetables to one side of the pan.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer in center of skillet. Cover; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and olives. Top with cheese.
- Cover; cook 3 minutes, or until fish is firm but moist.
- Transfer fish to serving platter; garnish with vegetables and pan juices.
Serving size: 3 ounces red snapper with 1/4 cup vegetables
Carbohydrate: 3 grams
Protein: 22 grams
Fat: 11 grams
Daily Servings According to Diabetes Food Guide Pyramid:
Fat: 1 1/2
Source: Recipe and Meal Planner Guide: ndep.nih.gov