Cauliflower with Parsley-Mustard Dressing
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person:
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp, Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp, Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head cauliflower (1¼ pounds), cut into florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into slivers
- 3 Tbsp, chopped parsley
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, blanch garlic for 2 minutes; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, mince and then transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add vinegar and mustard; mix well to combine.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- In a covered vegetable steamer, steam cauliflower three to five minutes or until
- Add to bowl along with bell pepper, and parsley, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 2g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 60mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 10g 3%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 260%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included. Source 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov