Cherry Pie with Whipped Topping - Diabetic
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 each pie shell (9 inch) pre-baked
- 32 oz cherries unsweetened
- 1 cup liquid from cherries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavouring
- 1 cup sugar substitute Whipped topping
- 1/2 cup milk, skim, (non fat) powder
- 1/2 cup water cold
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute dry
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain cherries well, reserving 1 cup liquid. Set cherries aside
- Combine 1 cup liquid and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir over moderate heat until thickened and transparent and the starchy
taste is gone.
- Remove from heat and add sugar substitute, almond flavoring and cherries.
- Taste and add more sweetner, if desired.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spread filling evenly in crust. Let set at least 15 minutes.
- Combine dry milk and water and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat at high speed for 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to whipped milk and beat at high speed for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and sugar substitute while it is being beaten.
- Add vanilla to whipped topping and refrigerate until use.
Serving Size 86g
Amount per Serving
Calories 226 41% of calories from fat % Daily Value*
Total Fat 10.0g 16%
Saturated Fat 3.0g 17%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 2mg 1%
Sodium 252mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 29.0g 10%
Dietary Fiber 0.0g 1%
Protein 4.0g 9%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may
be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. SOURCE: http://recipeland.com