Preparation Time: 10 minutes|
Number of Servings: 6
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 2 cups, Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/4 cup, sugar substitute
- 3 Tbsp, red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp, minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp, oregano
- 1 8 oz loaf whole grain French bread
- 8 tsp, extra virgin olive oil
- Combine cranberries, sugar and red wine vinegar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add onion and garlic, return to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Pour into a glass bowl.
- Stir in basil and oregano.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Cut bread diagonally into 16 (3/4-inch) slices;
- Brush both sides with oil.
- Broil each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top each slice with cranberry mixture.
Serving Size: 1 slice bruschetta
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 70 % Daily Value
Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 32g 11%
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 4g
Vitamins & Minerals
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Fruit: 0
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 8%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 6% *