Diabetic Blueberry Muffins
Prep: 15 minutes |
Cook: 25 minutes
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix (bisquick)
- 1/4 cup artifical sweetener
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 each egg
- 1 cup blueberries fresh
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest grated
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease
- 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine Bisquick and 1/4 cup artificial sweetener.
- Make a well in centre of mixture and add sour cream and egg all at once.
- Beat with a fork until all ingredients are well combined.
- Gently fold in fresh blueberries.
- Put 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon peel and 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener.
- Sprinkle peel and sweetener mix over batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake on centre shelf for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- These muffins are best served hot.
Serving Size 107g
Amount per Serving
Calories 159 75% of calories from fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13.0g 20%
Saturated Fat 8.0g 39%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 72mg 24%
Sodium 46mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 8.0g 3%
Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4%
Protein 3.0g 7%
Vitamin A 9%
Vitamin C 9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.