Easy Taco Casserole
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 8 Cups of Fruits and
Vegetables Per Person: 2
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups low sodium tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup grated fat free cheddar cheese
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 can (16 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 can (16oz) corn niblets, drained
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Cook ground beef until browned
- Stir in garlic powder.
- Coarsely crush tortilla chips and place in bottom
of ungreased 8" square pan.
- Spoon hot meat over chips.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F 10–12 minutes or until heated through.
- While casserole
is baking, prepare taco sauce by stirring together all sauce ingredients.
- Break up large tomato pieces.
- Sprinkle casserole with shredded lettuce; pour on
taco sauce and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 350 Calories
from Fat 110 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Cholesterol 40mg 13%
Sodium 470mg 20%
Total Carbohydrate 40g 13%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20% Sugars 8g
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 110% Calcium 20% Iron 15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Diabetic Exchange** Fruit: 0
-Vegetables: 2 -Meat: 3 -Milk: 0 -Fat: 1
-Carbs: 2 -Other: 0 ** Diabetic exchanges
are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. This
site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges
are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov