Fresh Fruit Kebabs
Preparation Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 12
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 2
- 4 Plums (fresh, ripe) halved and pitted
- 4 Peaches (fresh, ripe) halved and pitted
- 4 Nectarines (fresh, ripe) halved and pitted
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Cut each fruit into thirds.
- Place fruit in a medium bowl, add lemon juice and cayenne pepper; mix well.
- Marinate fruit for 1 hour.
- On a skewer, alternate fruit wedges; chill.
- Garnish with mint sprig, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 kebab
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 5 %
Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov