Gingered Beef with Broccoli and Stir-Fry Sauce
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4 Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 2
- 2 cups broccoli crowns (separate florets and slice stems 1/4-inch)
- 3/4 lb lean beef cut for stir fry
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1-1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp unpeeled fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup low sodium stir-fry sauce
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1/2 cup snow peas, trimmed
- Rinse broccoli. Microwave, covered on high for 3 minutes; drain.
- Place beef
in a small bowl.
- Pour in water, 1 Tbsp at a time, working in with hands until water is absorbed into
- Sprinkle cornstarch over beef and work in with hands to coat all pieces.
Heat nonstick wok or skillet on high. When hot, pour 1 Tbsp oil down sides of pan.
Add ginger and beef; stir-fry just until beef browns.
- Add sauce and toss
to coat; remove beef from pan.
- Add remaining oil. Add broccoli to pan
along with peppers, mushrooms and snow peas.
- Stir-fry 2 min. Return beef
with sauce to pan; toss to heat through, about 30 seconds.
- Serve with
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories
330 Calories from Fat 100 % Daily Value (DV)*
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
- Fruit: 0
- Vegetables: 4
- Meat: 2
- Milk: 0
- Fat: 1
- Carbs: 1
- Other: 0
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov