Golden Apple Oatmeal
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 1
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person:
- 1 golden delicious apple, diced
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup water
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup quick-cook rolled oats, uncooked
- Combine apples, juice, water and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rolled oats; cook 1 minute.
- Cover and let stand several minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1 recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 20 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 10mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 40g 13%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov