Greek Style Garbanzo Salad
Preparation Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person:
- 1-1/2 cups cooked (1/2 cup dry) or 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let marinate at room temperature several hours then refrigerate.
Serving Size: 5 servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 35 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 1g 3%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 65mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 19g 6%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 35%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov