Hot and Sweet Watermelon
This sweet and spicy dessert is refreshing and very healthy.
Preparation time: 20 minutes or less
5 A Day servings: 1 ½.
- ¾ tsp. whole peppercorns or coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. very finely chopped mint leaves
- 6 cups ¾-inch seedless red watermelon cubes
- Fresh mint leaves
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamins A and C.
- Place peppercorns on chopping block.
- Using the bottom of a heavy saucepan, press firmly, into a heavy downward motion
and crush peppercorns into a semi-coarse texture.
- Combine ground peppercorns with finely chopped mint.
- In a large bowl, toss spice mixture gently but thoroughly with watermelon cubes.
- Spoon into 4 individual serving glasses or bowls.
- Serve chilled, garnished with a fresh mint leaf.
Amounts Per Serving
Total Fat: 0.4g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 1g % of
Calories from Fat: 5%
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better
Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control &
Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy