Pork Tenderloin Amandine
Tenderloins are the leanest meats to eat. They are easy to prepare, tender and tasty.
This dish is no exception!
Food Exchanges: 3 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Starch
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into 8 equal pieces
- 1⁄4 c slivered almonds
1⁄4 c flour
- 1 t salt and pepper, each
- 2 t vegetable oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- Place each tenderloin piece between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently press
to 1/4-inch thickness. Set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, toast almonds for 1 minute or until golden, stirring
- Remove almonds and reserve.
- Stir together flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Lightly coat tenderloin cutlets with flour and saute over medium-high heat 4-6minutes,
- Remove pork to platter and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and almonds to pan, stir and heat through.
- Pour sauce over pork and serve.
10 gram fat
2 gram saturated fat
26 gram protein
150 mg sodium
75 mg cholesterol
8 gram carbohydrates
1 gram fiber