Potato and Pork Curry
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 3
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 can (14 oz) tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) no-salt added green beans, drained
- 4 potatoes (medium-sized), cooked and cut in chunks
- 2 cups cooked pork, cut in cubes or strips
- 1/3 cup seedless raisins
- Place onion, garlic, curry and oil in 2 quart casserole.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Add tomatoes and green beans.
- Microwave on high 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, meat and raisins. Mix well.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes or until hot.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 50 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 55mg 18%
Sodium 380mg 16%
Total Carbohydrate 50g 17%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 40%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov