Power Gold Smoothie
Makes 4 (10 oz.) servings
- 2 cups chopped of grated carrots
- 1½ cups pineapple juice
- 3 Tbsp.
- 3-4 ice cubes
- ½ cup vanilla nonfat yogurt
*Chef's Note: Using raw carrots in this
smoothie will produce a unique texture. If smoother consistency is desired, microwave
the grated carrot with 1 Tbsp. water in a covered microwave dish on high for 2 to
3 minutes. Proceed as above.
- Place only chopped or grated carrots in blender and turn on high.
- Through lid, slowly drizzle in about 2 to 3 Tbsp. of the pineapple juice, allowing
carrots to be pureed until smooth.
- Slowly pour in remaining juice with honey.
- Allow to blend until smooth and somewhat frothy; then with blender on high, add
- Blend until ice cubes are blended smooth.
- Stop blender, add yogurt, return lid and blend until mixed
- Poor into chilled
glasses and enjoy!
Amounts per serving:
The National 5 A Day Program - www.5aday.gov