All the flavors of Mexico in a crisp, delicious and healthy salad. Quick delicious
- No! Mouth watering.|
Preparation time: 25 minutes
5 A Day servings: 1
- ½ to 1 medium jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup thin strips of red bell pepper OR canned roasted red peppers
- Combine in a small bowl all salad dressing ingredients and mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix shredded cabbage, onion, red pepper and corn.
- Add salad dressing and toss well.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour prior to serving.
% of Calories from Fat: 33%
Total Fat: 3.1g
Each serving provides: An excellent source
of vitamin C, and a good source of vitamin A, folate and fiber.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better
Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control &
Prevention (CDC) standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.