Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
Preparation Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 2 cans (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fat free yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Process chick peas, yogurt, tahini, garlic in food processor until smooth.
- Stir in sun-dried tomato bits and herbs; season to taste with lemon juice.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Spoon hummus into serving bowl and serve with toasted pita wedges.
Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 50 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 1g 3%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 400mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov