Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 12 tomatillos, husks removed, washed and finely chopped or 2 (12oz) cans tomatillos,
drained and finely chopped
- 4 serrano chilies, finely chopped, seeded if desired
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove gralic, finely chopped pinch of salt, optional pinch of sugar, optional
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Season with salt and sugar, if desired.
- Serve or store salsa in refrigerator for up to three days in a covered plastic or
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe, about 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 10 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 75mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 10g 3%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 30%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov