Vegetable Bean Tostadas
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 2
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, mince
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 cups cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 3 cups tomato, chopped
- 6 Tbsp fat free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- Arrange tortillas in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 6 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Place cottage cheese, salt, lemon juice, and garbanzo beans in a blender or food
processor; process until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl; set aside.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over medium-high heat and add onion and garlic; sauté until tender.
- Add onion mixture, parsley, cilantro, and sesame seeds to bean mixture, stirring
- To serve: spread bean mixture evenly over each tortilla.
- Top with cucumber, spinach, tomato, sour cream, and green onion.
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 40 % Daily Value
Total Fat 5g 7%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 340mg 14%
Carbohydrate 39g 13%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Vitamin A 40%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges
are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. This
site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges
are not included. Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov