Preparation Time: 30 minutes |
Number of Servings: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 2 cups frozen vegetables, thawed (peas, carrots, and corn)
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso anejo or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix vegetables and cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup vegetable and cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll
- Place taquitos on a baking sheet.
- Brush each Taquito lightly with oil.
- Bake until crispy, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- While taquitos are baking, mix fresh salsa with avocado.
- Spoon salsa mixture over each serving of taquitos. Serve.
Serving Size: 3 taquitos
Amount Per Serving Calories 360 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 3g 13%
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 230mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 56g 19%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Vitamin A 80% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 10% Iron 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov