Vegetarian Stir Fry with Edamame
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 2
- 1/2 white onion (5 oz), diced small
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper (1/2 lb), seeded and medium diced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 pkg (14-1/2 oz) extra firm tofu, diced medium
- 1/2 cup sesame garlic sauce
- 1 cup edamame (soybeans), pods removed
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp (about 2) scallions, washed and cut on bias
- Blanch onion, eggplant, and red pepper in boiling water, until crisp tender about
2-3 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet on high, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil; swirl to coat pan (oil should smoke lightly).
- Add garlic, ginger, and tofu (tofu breaks up slightly); stir fry 1 minute.
- Add in vegetables and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add garlic sauce; stir fry 3 minutes.
- Add edamame; stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro, remove from pan, garnish with scallions.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 90 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 2g 8%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 390mg 16%
Total Carbohydrate 39g 13%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Vitamin A 70%
Vitamin C 190%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov