Diabetes Friendly Recipe Ð Banana Delight
Here is a recipe for a creamy, rich dessert made with bananas, while keeping in mind the special dietary requirements for a diabetic. ItÕs a simple recipe and I guarantee will be a treat for your taste buds.
- 7 Graham Crackers, Cinnamon (4 sections make one whole cracker)
- 16 oz Softened Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 6 Packets Equal (one gram each)
- 1 cup Fat-free topping whipped
- 2 Bananas sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Line a 9×13-inch pan with graham crackers so that the cinnamon top of the crackers faces down. You might need to break some crackers to fit in the pan.
- With the help of a mixer on high speed, beat the softened cream with Equal for a couple of minutes.
- Next, blend the whipped topping into this mixture. With a spatula
gently, fold in the banana slices into the mixture.
- Spread the
banana-cream mixture evenly over graham crackers. Ensure that the
bananas are well covered with the cream mixture so that they do not get
- Lastly sprinkle cinnamon powder evenly on the top.
the dessert, chilled.
Makes 15 servings
Total Carbohydrates 7.7g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g
- Sugars 3.3g
Total Fat 0.4g
- Saturated Fats 0.1g
- Unsaturated Fats 0.3g
Dietary Exchanges – Fat 0.5, fruit 0.3, Meat 0.4