Linguini with Clam Sauce
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Combine onion, shallots, bay leaf, parsley stems, thyme, peppercorns
1. Bring to a boil. Add scrubbed clams and steam for 4 to 5 minutes or
until clams open.
2. Remove clams, discarding any that haven’t opened, separate them from
shells and chop coarsely.
3. Strain and save liquid.
4. Heat olive oil and 1 TABLESPOON reserved clam juice in a medium-size
non-stick frying pan.
5. Add garlic and mustard and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add parsley and cook 1 to 3 minutes more.
7. Add 1 cup reserved clam juice and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce
is reduced by half.
8. Add chopped clams and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Toss clam sauce with linguine, garnish with lemon, if desired, and
Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.0g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.0g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.0g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||17%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily
values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.