Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 0
- 2 Tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Macintosh apples, peeled and cored
- 6 square egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375¡F.
- Spray six muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, vanilla, and 1 Tbsp water.
- Add the apples; toss to coat.
- Place one apple in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Bring the corners up to the top of the apple, pressing and folding to seal the edges.
- Stand each dumpling in a muffin cup and lightly spray the tops with non-stick cooking
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack 15 minutes; serve warm.
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Daily Value (DV)*
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 5 %
Total Fat 1g 1%
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 190mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 43g 14%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 19g Protein 4g
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 10%
- Calcium 4% Iron 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie
Diabetic Exchange** Fruit: 1 Vegetables:
0 Meat: 0 Milk: 0 Fat: 0 Carbs: 1 Other: 0
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Eat Well and Exercise Hard
Source: 5 a Day for Better Health: cdc.gov