Serves: 12 |
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 Hours
Total Time: 8 Hours 30 Minutes
- 2 pounds stew beef, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1/2 (4 fluid ounce) bottle mesquite flavored liquid smoke
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili flavored beans with jalapenos
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce with garlic and onions
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA¨ Brown Sugar Blend
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Combine beef, onions, jalapenos, liquid smoke and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, add the tomatoes, chili beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, SPLENDA¨
Brown Sugar Blend to the beef. Add hot pepper sauce if desired.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Taste the chili after 2 hours to determine the need for additional SPLENDA¨Brown
Sugar Blend or hot pepper sauce.
- Garnish with diced jalapenos, chopped and shredded onions, and cheese if desired.
Submitted by: Makers of SPLENDA¨ Sweetener
Calories from Fat 180
Fat 20g (sat 7g)