Preparation Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes|
Number of Servings: 12
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 1/2 cup, egg substitute
- 2/3 cup, white sugar
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup, applesauce
- 2 Tbsp, fat free milk
- 1 Tbsp, vegetable oil
- 3/4 Tbsp, vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups, all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp, baking powder
- 1/2 tsp, baking soda
- 1/2 tsp, salt
- 1/3 cup, chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray, and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about
- Beat in bananas, milk, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated pan until golden and a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf
comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Turn bread out onto a wire rack and let cool.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 35 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 75mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 40g 13%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included. Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov