Nova Max Control Solution provides a method to check both glucose and ketone test strip performance. A control solution is used in place of blood to confirm that your monitor and test strips are working correctly. The Control Solution should be used as directed in the Nova Max operatorÕs guide.
The target values for both glucose test strips and ketone test strips are printed on the glucose test strip packaging labels. The Control Solution is good for 2 years from the date of manufacture and for 90 days from the date of opening.
The Nova Max Control Solution by Nova Biomedical is made to be used with the Nova Max, BD Logic, and Paradigm Link Glucose Monitoring Systems. 0.1 oz (4 mL)
Compatible with the following Glucose Monitors
- Nova Max Monitors
- BD Logic Monitors
- Paradigm Link Monitors
Control Tests should be performed:
- With each new vial of test strips
- When you change your batteries
- If you suspect the meter is malfunctioning
To perform a control test:
- Apply a drop of control solution to the test strip instead of a drop of blood
- Compare the results to the control range (you can find the range on the side of the vial of test strips)
- If the results are inside the range printed on the vial, your meter is functioning correctly.
- If the results are outside the range, you should call the manufacturer of your meter immediately.