Preparation Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes|
Number of Servings: 12
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 1 can (15 oz), pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 3/4 cup, onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 jalapeno chili, seeds and veins discarded, minced
- 3 Tbsp, cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Baked tortilla chips
- Process beans in food processor or blender until smooth
- Add onion, garlic,
chili, and cilantro.
- Process until blended.
- Mix in tomato and avocado.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours, serve with baked tortilla chips.
Serving Size: 1/12 recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 2g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 70mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov