Preparation Time: 35 minutes|
Number of Servings: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 4 Asian pears
- 1 cup, apple juice
- 1 cup, dry white wine
- 1/2 cup, water strips of lemon or orange peel
- Core Asian pears if desired, or leave stem and core intact.
- In a saucepan, combine the apple juice, wine, water, and lemon or orange peel.
- Place pears in liquid.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, partially covered, 20 minutes, spooning liquid over pears frequently during
cooking. (Pears will still be firm after cooking.)
- Chill pears in liquid.
- Meanwhile, prepare Raspberry Sauce: In a blender or food processor bowl, place berries.
- Cover and process till smooth.
- Add sugar; process again.
- If desired, strain sauce to remove seeds.
- Cover and chill sauce till needed.
To serve, spoon some of the Raspberry Sauce onto 4 dessert plates; place a pear
in center of sauce in each plate. Pass any remaining sauce to spoon over pears.
Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 10mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 31g 10%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 30%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov