Preparation Time: 30 minutes |
Number of Servings: 4 Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 3
- 8 oz pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic, clove, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp dill, dried
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 cup sour cream, nonfat
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 pita breads, halved
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumbers, sour cream and dill. Refrigerate until needed.
Cut the pork across the grain into 1/2-inch cutlets, then slice each piece into
- In a large bowl, combine the mustard, oil, lemon juice, garlic
- Add the pork and toss well to coat all the pieces. Let stand about 10 minutes.
- Coat a large no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray and place over medium heat
for 3 minutes.
- Working in bunches to avoid overcrowding in the pan, add the pork and saut for
about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Place peppers and
onions in a 9″ glass pie plate.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the onions and peppers to the pan; saut for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Top pork mixture with peppers and onions.
- Line the pita pockets with the spinach. Add the pork mixture.
- Top each sandwich half with a tomato and some cucumber sauce.
Serving Size:1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 310 Calories
from Fat 80 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 3g 13%
Cholesterol 60mg 20%
Sodium 350mg 15%
Total Carbohydrate 35g 12%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20% Sugars 9g Protein 26g Vitamin A 120% Vitamin C 90% Calcium
20% Iron 20% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov