Preparation Time: 20 minutes |
Number of Servings: 6
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- Vegetable Oil or Margarine
- 1 (16oz) can refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 ounces fresh or canned green chili peppers, diced
- 6 Tbsp red taco sauce
- 3 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, and bell peppers
- 1/2 cup (2oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Brush one side of each of two tortillas with water.
- Press the wet sides of the tortillas together to from a thick crust for the pizza.
- Brush the outside of the tortillas with a small amount of oil or margarine.
- Evenly brown both sides in a heated frying pan.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Set aside.
- Heat refried beans, chopped onion, and half of the diced chili peppers together
in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the bean mixture on each tortilla pizza.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of taco sauce, then top with 1/2 cup of the chopped vegetables,
1 teaspoon of diced chili peppers, and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese for each
- Return to frying pan and heat until cheese melts.
- Top with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 pizza
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 60 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 2g 8%
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 370mg 15%
Total Carbohydrate 42g 14%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 30%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov