Turkey Stuffed Cabbage
Number of Servings: 5
- Rinse and core cabbage. Carefully remove 10 outer leaves, place in
and cover with boiling water. Simmer 5 minutes.
Remove and drain cooked cabbage leaves on paper toweling.
- Shred 1/2 cup of raw cabbage and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and turkey and minced onion in skillet. Drain
- Place cooked and drained meat mixture, bread crumbs, water, and
in mixing bowl.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid, and add 1/2 cup tomato juice from
can to meat mixture.
Mix well; then place 1/4 cup filling on each parboiled, drained cabbage
Place folded side down in skillet.
- Add tomatoes, sliced onion, water, shredded cabbage, and carrot.
Cover and simmer about 1 hour (or until cabbage is tender), basting
- Remove cabbage rolls to serving platter, keep warm.
- Mix lemon juice, brown sugar, and cornstarch together in small bowl.
Add to vegetables and liquid in skillet and cook, stirring occasionally,
until thickened and clear. Serve over cabbage rolls.
– Serving Size: 2 rolls
Amount Per Serving
Total fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Sodium: 266 mg
Source: National Heart,
Lung, and Blood Institute, a part of the and the