Preparation Time: 2 hours|
Number of Servings: 8
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- Cooking spray
- 12 oz Shiitake, Portobello, or white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp fat free Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Spray skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and vegetable stock; cook, covered over medium heat
until mushrooms are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Cook until all vegetables are very tender and all liquid absorbed 8-10 minutes.
- Process mushroom mixture and cheese in food processor until smooth.
- Add lemon juice.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Spoon pate into crock and serve with toasted bread slices or crackers.
Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0 % Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 50mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore,
partial exchanges are not included.
Source: 5 A Day for Better Health: cdc.gov