Diabetic Almond Macaroons
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook: 60 minutes
74 calories per serving 4 dozen
- 1 each egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar or (replace sugar with 1/16 Tsp Stevia plus 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a deep bowl, beat egg whites on low speed of an electric mixer until frothy.
- Beat on high speed until stiff.
- Gradually beat in sugar (or Stevia) and then almond extract.
- Fold in wheat germ (and applesauce.)
- Drop mixture by 1/2 teaspoonsful onto a cookie sheet that had been sprayed with
a nonstick cooking spray and dusted lightly with flour.
- Put the cookies in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 200
- Bake 1 hour.
- Turn off heat, and leave cookies in oven to cool.
Serving Size 20g
Amount per Serving
9% of calories from fat % Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.0g 1%
Saturated Fat 0.0g 1%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 1mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 16.0g 5%
Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4%
Protein 2.0g 3%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may
be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.